Ready To Begin?
- Start with prayer. Ask God to guide you into what He wants. (After all, these were His gifts to you. He likely has great ideas for how to activate them too!)
- List the end goals. (Hint: Ask yourself, “What do I want to do?”)
- Prioritize which one you should begin with first
- Write the barriers to achieving it
- Think of the solutions you may be able to find. Specify them.
- Plan your beginning steps – in small, achievable portions. Factor in your schedule and responsibilities.
- Write on your calendar the days and times when you will work on developing this plan. Make it a regular schedule, even if you cannot always work on it at the same time every day.
Don’t be discouraged if you cannot devote massive amounts of time to your dream at first. What is most important, and what will still achieve results is the diligent endurance to persist faithfully every day, even if for only a short amount of time. It’s true that God alone gives the gifts, and yet, He has asked us to be industrious with them. It is ultimately the self-discipline of perseverance that creates the success.
(Read the story in Matthew 25:14-30. God also “delivers His goods” to us, and will return to see what we have done with them while He is gone.)
Re-visit your plan frequently. What worked? What didn’t go as planned? Adjust, and try again. Re-visit, adjust, and keep going.
Make an experiment of this for one year, and see how you have progressed. Be diligent – Don’t give up! Remember, you are the only one who can offer your gifts to a world who needs them, and everyone, including yourself, will be better for them!
Here is a link you may find useful for understanding who you are:
If you would like further information on another test for discovering your Godly spiritual giftings, feel free to contact me.
Have you tried these any of these steps, or have you found other methods that work? Please share in our comments section!